We're still here, still pregnant, and still doing "great". I have to be talked into the fact that I'm still doing great on a daily basis. A few more tears have been shed, a few more moans and groans have been heard, and a few more disappointing contractions have turned into nothing. To be 40-plus weeks and still pregnant...I knew there was a possibility but it's harder to deal with than I had thought.
I'm bigger and crankier now. To put it bluntly, people do not make these things easy. I dread going into work or even running errands, for the sheer fact the I know I'm going to be hounded with the "you're still here"s and the "I thought you were supposed to have that baby weeks ago"s. Even worse, one co-worker last week gave me a "Dang! You're getting to be WAY OUT THERE!" Thank you for observing and stating the obvious. I feel way out there. And honestly I'm ready for people to stop looking at me and just leave me alone!
Now that the whining is out of the way, I can get to the important facts: I AM doing OK. As of yesterday at our appointment the baby is doing OK, and other than my lousy attitude,we couldn't be happier that with each passing day we're one day closer to getting to meet our baby. I should have told myself from the beginning (and everyone else for that matter) that my due date was later than predicted. Both Gerhard and I were late: He was 12 days late and I was 10. So I guess it's inevitible that we're going to have a late baby. My doctor seems to want to get things moving more than I do, so we'll see how long we can hold him off. At my check-up yesterday they did a quick ultrasound, which tossed out any doubts that the baby isn't in the right position. I'll head back Friday for a non-stress test to make sure the baby is still getting what it needs to function properly. At this point we're hoping to let the baby decide when it would like to grace us with its presence. Fingers crossed that that is still a possibility.
I'm off to planning a very busy weekend. Someone told us that babies love to ruin plans, so we had better come up with some fun things that we're dead set on doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment